I am in the process of creating a bibliography / list of key books & papers on Enterprise Search. I’m ideally looking for peer-reviewed, published works, from either a practitioner or researcher perspective, but am also interested in well-regarded online resources. Here are a few that immediately spring to mind:
- Martin White, Enterprise Search. O’Reilly Media, 2012
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Berthier Ribeiro-Neto, Modern Information Retrieval. Addison Wesley, 2010. (See Chapter 15)
- Ron Miller, Unlock the Power of Enterprise Search. EContent Magazine, 2008.
- David Hawking, Challenges in Enterprise Search, Proceedings of the Australasian Database Conference, 2004.
- R. Mukherjee and J. Mao, Enterprise search: Tough stuff. Queue, 2(2), 2004.
And there are various online resources, e.g.
- The TREC Enterprise Track
- The FindWise Enterprise Search & Findability Survey
- AIIM What is Enterprise Search?
But I’m struggling to find a definitive, up to date bibliography out there anywhere. Even the bibliography on the TREC enterprise search pages looks rather out of date now. There are of course many excellent books about search and information retrieval in general, but I’m ideally looking for works that focus specifically on enterprise search.
Do you know of any other definitive works? Which ones would you recommend?