I am looking for a highly skilled, articulate researcher/developer for a short engagement to investigate the options in migrating an existing desktop software application to the cloud. I need someone who understands the complexities involved in making an application that was built in Java FX work seamlessly on the web.
The deliverable will be a technical report that outlines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with each option, along with a set of practical recommendations for next steps and the costs associated with each.
To succeed in this role you will need to be:
- highly educated, technically literate and open-minded
- able to rapidly understand the requirements embodied in an existing desktop application, and anticipate future requirements and scalability concerns
- willing to ask intelligent questions to make sure you understand the subtleties, trade-offs and complexities of the project and are doing the best possible job for your client
- skilled in researching different technical options and critically evaluating them
- able to form robust and defensible recommendations based on your research
- experienced in communicating those recommendations in the form of credible and detailed technical report
- prepared to sign an NDA governed by English law.
Lots more information available on request. Principals only please (no agencies). Can you recommend anyone?