Here’s something I’ve been meaning to share for a while: the slides for a talk entitled “Text Analytics: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”, co-authored with colleagues Vladimir Zelevinsky and Michael Ferretti. In this we outline some of the key challenges in text analytics, describe some of Endeca’s current research in this area, examine the current state of the text analytics market and explore some of the prospects for the future.
TagsBCS Card sorting Design Patterns Endeca Enterprise search ergonomics Ergonomics Society evaluation Exploratory search Facets HCI HCIR human factors Human–computer information retrieval IEHF Information Access Information Discovery information extraction Information Retrieval Information Retrieval Specialist Group Information seeking Information visualization Informer interaction design IRSG jobs machine learning natural language processing NLP opinion mining Scenario search modes search strategies sentiment analysis Site Search Text analytics text mining UCD UCD practice usability user-centred design User research User segmentation web search Web search engine
- Sentiment analysis tools for non-coders?
- New Informer – Spring 2013
- Search Interface Design (workshop at ESE 2013)
- Search that sucks
- Search usability: filters and facets (training course in April)
- Search and the Rorschach ink blot: do you see what I see?
- Designing Search Usability (tutorial at CHI 2013)
- Informer – Winter 2013 edition
- Designing Search (part 6): Interacting with results
- New year, New book