Here’s quick update on this year’s Industry Day at ECIR 2017, which will be held on Thursday 13th April, immediately after the regular conference program. I’m pleased to announce that our line-up has now expanded to include the following 7 speakers:
- Edgar Meij – Bloomberg
- Peter Mika – Schibsted
- Charlie Hull – Flax
- Will Moy – Full Fact
- James McMinn – Scoop Analytics
- Michaela Regneri – OTTO
- TBA – Independent Data Services
With more still to come (watch this space for updates). As you probably know the call for proposals closed a few weeks ago, but if you’re interested in presenting drop us a line anyway and we’ll see what we can do. Hope to see you there!
The Industry Day’s objectives are three-fold. The first objective is to present the state of the art in search and search-related areas, delivered as keynote talks by influential technical leaders from the search industry. The second objective of the Industry Day is the presentation of interesting, novel and innovative ideas related to information retrieval. Finally, a highly-interactive panel session will conclude the day, topic to be announced.
- A framework for chatbot evaluation
- Who needs UX professionals anyway?
- Announcing the winners of the 2016 Search Industry Awards
- Supporting Discovery of Archival Collections: Challenges and Opportunities
- Search strategies considered harmful?