I know the official publicity isn’t due to go out for a little while just yet, but here’s a sneak peek at this year’s lineup for Search Solutions 2013. For those unfamiliar with the event, it is described as:
… a special one-day event dedicated to the latest innovations in web & enterprise search. In contrast to other major industry events, Search Solutions aims to be highly interactive, with attendance strictly limited. The programme includes presentations, panels and keynote talks by influential industry leaders on novel and emerging applications in search and information retrieval.
As last year we’ll be preceding the event with a tutorials day on November 26, which will offer conference attendees and local participants a stimulating and informative selection of practical training courses reflecting current topics and state-of-the-art methods in search and information retrieval. More on that later! Meanwhile, here is the provisional programme thus far:
- Behshad Behzadi, Lead Technical Manager, Google Switzerland
- Filip Radlinski, Applied Researcher, Microsoft Research
- Mounia Lalmas, Visiting Principal Researcher, Yahoo! Barcelona
- Henning Rode, Technical Lead Search, Textkernel
- Sandra Collins, Director, Digital Repository of Ireland
- Helen Lippell, Strategic Metadata Manager, Press Association
- Margaret Hanley, Product Director – Search, TimeOut
- Kristian Norling, Enterprise Search Evangelist, Findwise
- Dan Jackson, Senior Web Architect, UCL
We’ll more than likely be adding to this, and don’t forget that the programme will also include a panel session (to be announced), an evening drinks reception, and the biggest crowd puller of all – the IRSG AGM🙂
More news (e.g. the panel topic and abstracts for the talks) when I get it, but for now save the date: Wednesday November 27 at BCS London in Covent Garden.