I know the official publicity isn’t due to go out for a little while just yet, but here’s a sneak peek at this year’s lineup for Search Solutions 2012. For those unfamiliar with the event, it is described as:
… a special one-day event dedicated to the latest innovations in web & enterprise search. In contrast to other major industry events, Search Solutions aims to be highly interactive, with attendance strictly limited. The programme includes presentations, panels and keynote talks by influential industry leaders on novel and emerging applications in search and information retrieval.
The major news this year is that we’ll be preceding the event with a tutorials day on November 28, which will offer conference attendees and local participants a stimulating and informative selection of practical training courses reflecting current topics and state-of-the-art methods in search and information retrieval. More on that later! Meanwhile, here is the provisional programme thus far:
- Alex Jaimes, Senior Research Scientist, Yahoo! Barcelona, What Can Search Tell Us? A Human-Centered View
- Milad Shokouhi, Applied Researcher, Microsoft Research, Time-Sensitive Query Trends in Bing Logs
- Emma Bayne, Head of Systems Development, National Archives, Enhancing the Search Experience through Interface Design
- Gillian Strong, Senior Information Scientist, DSTL, TBD
- Kristian Norling, CTO, Findwise, What practitioners think about Enterprise Search
- Nick Patience, Director of Product Marketing & Strategy, Recommind, TBD
- Martin White, Managing Directror, Intranet Focus Limited, It’s not about technology, it’s about people!
- Leo Sauermann, CEO and Founder, Gnowsis EU, TBD
- Stella Dextre Clarke, ISKO chair, Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies
- Charlie Hull, CEO, Flax, TBD
We’ll more than likely be adding to this, and don’t forget that the programme will also include a panel session (to be announced), an evening drinks reception, and the biggest crowd puller of all, the IRSG AGM 🙂
More news (e.g. on the panel topic and abstracts for the talks) when I get it, but for now save the date: Wednesday November 29 at BCS London in Covent Garden.
- Search Solutions 2012: your opportunity to shape this year’s event
- Search Solutions 2011: Highlights and Reflections
- Informer – Spring 2012 edition
- Designing the Search Experience (tutorial at Search Solutions 2011)
- Everything you ever wanted to know about search (but were afraid to ask?)