As many of you know, Search Solutions is a one-day event run by the BCS IRSG every autumn at BCS London, covering the latest innovations in search and information retrieval. What you probably didn’t know is that last year, for the first time, we introduced a tutorial programme. This was a great success, with both courses fully booked.
So this year we’re looking to expand the line-up. But rather than creating a programme based entirely on tutor-led proposals, we’d like to solicit some user feedback on suggestions for topics.
What kind of courses would you like to see? Is there a subject you’d like to present yourself? Realistically, we can probably accommodate up to four half day tutorials. To be a goer we’ll need to know the following:
- length (full or half day)
- presenter (this can be you – or you can nominate a colleague)
So, what have you always wanted to know about search, but were afraid to ask? Feel free to make suggestions either here of offline!
- Search Solutions 2012: your opportunity to shape this year’s event
- Search Solutions 2011: Highlights and Reflections
- Informer – Spring 2012 edition
- Designing the Search Experience (tutorial at Search Solutions 2011)
- Search Solutions 2011: lineup announced!