Just a quick reminder that next Friday (22nd) is the deadline for submissions to EuroHCIR 2012, which I am co-organising with Max Wilson, Birger Larsen and James Kalbach. This is only the second year we’ve run the event, so we’re hoping for a good set of submissions to keep up momentum we generated in 2011. As before, we’re accepting both research and practice-oriented papers, so if you have any queries (particularly about the latter) just drop me a line.
The event itself is on August 25 in Amsterdam, co-located with IIiX. I’ve appended a summary of the call for papers below, and further details can be found at the EuroHCIR 2012 website. Hope to see you there!
Call for Papers
In common with the wider HCIR community, this workshop will be focused on submissions based on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Novel interaction techniques for information retrieval.
- Modelling and evaluation of interactive information retrieval.
- Exploratory search and information discovery.
- Patent searching and critical recall-oriented scenarios
- Professional search systems and scenarios
- Information visualization and visual analytics.
- Applications of HCI techniques to information retrieval needs in specific domains.
- Ethnography and user studies relevant to information retrieval and access.
- Scale and efficiency considerations for interactive information retrieval systems.
- Relevance feedback and active learning approaches for information retrieval.
- A Taxonomy of Enterprise Search
- Designing Search (part 4): Displaying results
- Designing Search: Tutorial at the IRF Conference
- A Taxonomy of Site Search
- How do you measure site search quality?