Here are the slides from the talk I gave at Enterprise Search Europe last week on A Taxonomy of Site Search. This talk extends and validates the taxonomy of information search strategies (aka ‘search modes’) presented at last year’s event, and reviews some of their implications for design. But this year we looked specifically at site search rather than enterprise search, and explored the key differences in user needs and behaviours between the two domains.
As usual, some of the builds don’t come out quite right on Slideshare, but I can always make the ppt available if people want to see the original.
- A Taxonomy of Enterprise Search
- Designing Search (part 4): Displaying results
- Designing Search: Tutorial at the IRF Conference
- A Taxonomy of Search Strategies and their Design Implications
- How do you measure site search quality?