Just a quick reminder that the deadline for early bird registrations ends on Monday, i.e. October 31st. Full details of the confirmed programme (including the fishbowl session) are appended below.
SEARCH SOLUTIONS 2011
Wednesday 16th November
BCS London HQ, Covent Garden
*** Early Bird Registration ends: Monday, October 31st***
Search Solutions is a special one-day event dedicated to the latest innovations in web & enterprise search. In contrast to other major industry events, Search Solutions aims to be highly interactive, with attendance strictly limited. The programme includes presentations, panels and keynote talks by influential industry leaders on novel and emerging applications in search and information retrieval.
NOTE: Search Solutions now offers a Tutorial Programme on Tuesday 15th November.
09:30 – 10:00 Registration and coffee
SESSION 1: THE CHANGING FACE OF SEARCH
- 10:00 – 10:10 Introduction
- 10:10 – 10:35 John Tait, Principal, johntait.net Ltd, Using Physical Quantities in Finding Similar Documents
- 10:35 – 11:00 Lewis Crawford, Web Archiving Programme Technical Lead, British Library, Analytics and Access to the UK Web Archive
- 11:00 – 11:25 Toby Mostyn, CTO, Polecat, Search for Public Conversations
11:25 – 12:00 BREAK
SESSION 2: WEB SEARCH CHALLENGES
- 12:00 – 12:25 Ricardo Baeza-Yates, VP Research, Yahoo!, Beyond the Ten Blue Links
- 12:25 – 12:50 Gabriella Kazai, Research Consultant, Microsoft Research Cambridge, Crowdsourcing Search Relevance
12:50 – 14:00 LUNCH
SESSION 3: ENTERPRISE SEARCH
- 14:00 – 14:25 Marianne Sweeney, Principal, Daedalus Information Systems, Successful Enterprise Search by Design
- 14:25 – 14:50 Matt Taylor, General Manager, Funnelback, Search Experience Management – Techniques for Search Success
- 14:50 – 15:15 Iain Fletcher, VP Marketing, Search Technologies, A New Content Processing Framework for Search Applications
15:15 – 15:45 BREAK
SESSION 4: BEYOND SEARCH: CONTENT ANALYSIS
- 15:45 – 16:10 Jarred McGinnis, Research Manager, Press Association, The Press Association Approach to Search and News
- 16:10 – 16:35 Ian Kegel, Technical Group Leader, British Telecom, Broadband TV and Recommendation: Improving the customer experience
- 16:35 – 17:00 Kristian Norling, Senior FIndability Consultant, Findwise, Information Flow on the intranet at Region Västra Götaland
- 17:00 – 17:30 Hot topics in search. Want to discuss your own hot topic? Join in, it’s a fishbowl session!
17:30 – 20:00 DRINKS RECEPTION
The event will also be followed by the IRSG AGM (from 18:00).
Search Solutions is organised by the Information Retrieval Specialist Group of the BCS and is held at the BCS Central London Office:
BCS, 1st Floor
The Davidson Building
5 Southampton Street
London, WC2E 7HA Map
Registration fees (including VAT at 20%) are as follows:
Early Bird Rates (until 23:59 on 31-Oct-2011)
- BCS member rate: £99
- Non-member rate: £129
- Student rate: £99
Normal Rates (from 01-Nov-2011)
- BCS member rate: £119
- Non-member rate: £149
- Student rate: £99
Registration fees include lunch and a copy of the proceedings. Tea and coffee will also be available throughout the day followed by a drinks reception in the evening.
For details of the tutorial programme and pricing, please refer to the Search Solutions Tutorials page.
Please register via BCS Online Registration.
- Designing the Search Experience (tutorial at Search Solutions 2011)
- Search Solutions 2011: lineup announced!
- Search Solutions 2010: Reactions & Reflections
- ECIR Industry Day – lineup announced
- Search Solutions 2010: Topics & Titles